Huawei only supports Huawei Health Kit in a limited number of countries/regions. Huawei Health Kit is required for the sync with third party apps like Health Sync. If Huawei Health Kit is not supported in your country/region, Health Sync has informed you.
There is a solution to trick Huawei into thinking you are in a different country/region. This workaround requires you to create a new Huawei ID. This means that you will lose access to your current Huawei Health data, as the Huawei Health data is stored with your Huawei ID. Purchases you make through the Huawei AppGallery are also saved with your Huawei ID. When you change the Huawei ID, you will lose access to your existing purchase data. If that’s not a problem and you want to sync from Huawei Health for new data you track with Huawei Health, you can try the workaround.
The workaround actions described on this page are meant for Huawei Health on a Huawei phone. If you use a non-Huawei phone, please check the workaround description on the site https://www.appyhapps.nl/huawei-health-region-non-huawei-phone
Please complete the following steps:
- open the Settings menu on your phone
- select the account center option, it is probably the first option in below the search bar
- in the Account center page, scroll down and log out
- the phone will show the Huawei ID page: first set the phone to airplane mode
- select ‘register’ (don’t select your existing Huawei id)
- select the Belarus or Mongolia (just what you prefer, other countries are possible, but it needs to be a country that supports Huawei Health Kit)
- click on Agree
- now disable airplane mode (so your phone has internet connection again)
- configure your birthdate
- configure the following steps, if you need to register your phone number, you can again select a country, here you need to select your own country with your own phone number
- when you finished the registration, check if you see the Health Kit option in the Huawei Health app, as shown on the following site: https://appyhapps.nl/health-kit/